I had a dream last night that a mother had two young children. One of them was adventurous and fun loving and the other one was self-righteous and indignant. I was supposed to babysit both but the one who was self-righteous did not like me at all (I think this was because of my past and my story). The boy thought it was beneath him to have me babysit him. He was mean to me and when I responded in love, He ran away from home. His mother refused to go out and look for him because she felt what I spoke was credible and that I did nothing wrong. She had hoped he would change. I hoped he would come back and worried about him getting hurt out on his own. We found him when we went out on the patio late in the evening, he was destroyed.


I believe this has to do with what is growing on the inside me as my Christian walk grows. Part of me is growing more trusting, fun loving and adventurous. I am more willing to take risks and step out in faith. The other part of me has been growing in self-righteousness, wanting to "get it all right" in my Christain walk and run as far from my past and my story as possible. The more I make my past and story a part of my life, the less self-righteousness has a place. Part of me does not want to let go of wanting to look good (like I have it all together) as a Christian.

Comments

Popular Posts