Make Him Your First Priority

Love God in the moment. Sing songs and spiritual hymns to Him in your heart. Cultivate love in your heart towards Him. In everything you do, be more present to Him, in worship, than you are to your circumstances. Learn to place loving Him as the first priority, doing your tasks with Him and for Him.

Brother Lawrence, in The Practice of the Presence of God, says –
“Sometimes it is helpful to disengage the sentiments of the will from the world, in order that it can focus entirely on God. For if the will is able in some manner to comprehend Him, it can only be by love. And that love, which has its end in God, will be hindered by the things of this world.”

No matter what the circumstances, there is always opportunity to worship God. I am finding that it is not so much about my abilities, spirituality or even my performance as it is about my desire to worship him in the moment.

“You are holding me securely with a greater love than life
You will be my sanctuary day after day, night after night.

I will honor You as long as I live
And I will lift up my hands in Your name
My thirsting soul will be satisfied in You.
Satisfied in You.

I will sing in the shadow of Your protective wings
And seek after You in all things.”

-- Satisfied in You, Clay Crosse




"Your unfailing love is better to me than life itself; how I praise you! I will honor you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer."Psalms 63:3-4

Comments

Popular Posts