WHEN I THINK OF HIM...

A good friend of mine wrote this a few days ago when she was meditating on who God is to her. She emailed me a copy to encourage me. It made my day. It is so beautifully written, I thought I would share it.

He is incredible
He is magnificent
He is awesome
He is great
He is splendid
He is wonderful
He is beautiful
He is altogether lovely
He is admirable
He is worthy of all praise
He is powerful
He is full of strength and might
He is creative




He is the Creator of all things.
He is the beginning and the end and in Him all things hold together by the power of His Word.




He is LOVE.




He does not treat us as our sins deserve, but is ever gracious, merciful, kind, compassionate.
He is ever faithful.
He is generous towards those He has made.




He is a God of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, Self-Control.




He is a God of revelation, wisdom, depth of insight, understanding.




He is righteous, holy, pure, integral.
He is honest, truthful, just.
He is a good and faithful judge.
He is light, dwells in light.
He is holy, righteous, true, pure.
He is a covenant keeping God, a God of His Word.




He is a God of timing and seasons, purpose and strategy.




His arm is not too short that it cannot save.
There is nothing His blood cannot cover.
There is no-one His blood cannot reach.
There is no-one He does not love and Christ has not gone to the cross for.




He knew us before the creation of the world. His eyes looked through eternity and He saw our family line. He saw the generation to which we would be born, the nation. He saw the moment we were conceived within the womb of our mothers. Every day was written in His book before there was even one. We were planned, expected, created and loved by Him. He made a way for us, before we were even born, through His Son Christ Jesus, through the cross and through the blood of Christ.




Life is an incredible journey with Him, to get to know the One who created us, walk in His plan for our lives, to become more and more like Him through the power of His Spirit in us, to love Him more each day, to worship Him and then to one day step from this life into eternity and continue to be with Him forever. The journey never ends, it just gets better.




When I think of Him, His love, and all He has done and does for us every day, even though we only see but a glimpse, I want to surrender all, to give my heart, my life in pursuit of the one who truly loves me, and gave Himself for me and allow His Holy Spirit to change me to become more and more like Christ. To give my life on this earth He made to reflect back His glory and in some way be a vessel and channel of His love to touch others He has created.




When I sit in His presence and surrender He:




He takes my sin and covers and washes me in His blood
He takes my weakness and gives me His strength
He takes my inability and gives me His grace
He takes my despair and gives me His hope
He takes my loneliness and He becomes my friend
He takes my fears and gives me His peace
He takes my doubts and gives me His faith
He takes my confusion and gives me His wisdom
He takes my insecurities and He becomes my security
He takes my lack and supplies my needs
He takes my lack of direction and gives me purpose and a destiny

Comments

Popular Posts