I AM MY BELOVED’S AND HE IS MINE

Meditations from the Song of Solomon

In this compelling love story I find
Together with you my heart doest bind
Take me on a journey into your love
Let me drink deeply of thy rivers above
Encourage me to take the twists and turns
That can only come as my heart for you burns
Fill the yearnings of my heart
In seeking to find a love that doest not part
I am my Beloved’s and He is mine
In Your arms security I find
To venture out beyond myself
As you uphold me and keep me true to thyself


POEM ONE MEDITATION

Kiss me with the kisses
of your love
awakening me to life
that comes from above
Your love is better
than any wine
Draw me to run after you
into this love so divine
Your name is like an oil
that is being poured out
healing for the nations
in You can be found

You bring such joy
to my heart
You see me as lovely
though I am dark
Intoxicate me
with your sweet perfume
Your fragrance alluring
draws me closer You

Tell me my Beloved,
whom my heart seeks
Where do you lead your flock
at noon to feed?

That I may no longer
(like a vagabond) wander around
Seeking that which
only in You can be found

My heart thirsts
for what only you can provide
To sit at your feet
and drink of your wine

You have loved me to life
adorning me with silver and gold
Telling me you’re captivated
as my beauty You behold
Sometimes this
is so hard to receive
That I could catch Your eye
when in your ways You lead
Often I wish I could
give you so much more
But still on me
Your blessings You pour
You call me forth
into love divine
As all my sin
You put behind

I know I don’t deserve
such love and lavish grace
Your endless mercy
as I seek Your face
Your eyes like doves,
You’re a sacket of myrrh
Leading my choices
as your love in me you stir
You’re the song of my heart –
asleep or awake
One touch from You
and my heart doest quake!
I long to go deeper
into Your love
Beholding your face
Your eyes are as doves


POEM TWO MEDITATION

I am a lily
among the thorns
growing deeper in suffering
as on me your love adorns
Feed me with raisin cakes
as I sit under your tree
Delighting in the fruit
that You give to me

Your left arm upholding me
as Your right arm surrounds
Leaning back into Your mercy
Your goodness abounds
Draw me closer
in this divine romance
helping me to enter
the fullness of this dance

I hear my Beloved,
see how He comes
Leaping on the mountains
bounding on hills as He runs
Now peering through the lattice,
Looking through the glass
Everywhere I turn
In his love I stand

The winter is over,
the rains are gone
Flowers appear
as the season of glad songs has come
The cooing of the turtledove
can be heard in our land
As young vines blossom with fragrance
and figs are at hand
The love You lavish
is more than I can hold
as I look to You
and of Your beauty behold
I am so content
in this place of grace
seeing Your kingdom come
as I seek Your face

I hear Your voice
as You bid me to come
In the clefts of the rock
You call me Your lovely one
My face and my voice
You desire to hear
You call me beautiful
And my voice lovely to hear

Little foxes
try to spoil my rest
Creating havoc
when I think I am performing my best
Catch the little foxes
as on me Your love you shower
For the vineyards, my Beloved,
are coming into flower

I am His and
my Beloved is mine
I am in His care
a love so sublime

Before the dawn-wind rises
and the shadows flee
Return my Beloved,
I wait for thee!

Your covenant like a mountain
the promises are sure
Your goodness is bounding
through Your word


On my bed I as I sought,
the one my heart loves
Yearning for your justice
I cried out for my love
In the darkest of night
I rose to my feet
Asking and seeking
where with You I might meet

To the watchman I inquired,
‘Have you seen my love?’
I had hardly passed by
when I found my Beloved
I held fast to Him
and would not let Him go
Until I brought Him into
the deepest places of my soul

I charge you daughters
by the deer and gazelles
Do not stir or awaken
this lovesick spell!


POEM THREE MEDITATION

Here comes my Beloved
with His swordsmen by His side
All the mighty warriors
Close to Him abide
The posts of His throne are made of silver
and His canopy gold
Carried along
on praises He is enthroned
His seat majestic purple
with a back of ebony
Here comes King Solomon
to give his people peace

Daughters of Zion,
can’t you see?
This is the one
who will come for me!
Wearing the diadem
with which His mother crowned
For His wedding Day
the day His heart’s joy abounds


When You call me beautiful
behind my veil
And you find me enchanting
all else pales

Before the dawn-wind rises
before the shadows flee
I will go to the mountain
Of myrrh to be with thee

Dying to self
letting all else go
Laying down my life
as You I seek to know

Hearing Your heart
You call me to more
Out of the world
It was You I was made for

The Bridegroom -
You ravish my heart,
my sister my bride
Your love is precious
more delicious than wine
How fragrant your perfumes
as you carry my scent
Honey and milk under your tongue
as your words are spent
A single glance,
when you look my way
Captivate me
taking my heart away

You are a garden enclosed
my promised bride
A sealed fountain of love
bearing rare treasures inside
Nard and saffron,
cinnamon and spice
send forth their fragrance
as they lure and entice
A fountain of my living water
in the center that brings
streams flowing down
to all those in need

The Bride –
Awake O North wind,
come wind of the south
Breathe over my garden
and let its fragrance waft about
Let my Beloved,
into His garden come
I offer its fruits,
for my heart is won

The Bridegroom –
I come into my garden
my sister my bride
gathering myrrh and balsam
while drinking its wine


POEM FOUR MEDITATION

I sleep,
yet my heart is awake
When my Beloved comes knocking
the hour is late
Drenched with dew,
He bids me - open (my heart) up to Him
But I am caught in religion
and worried about my sin

He thrusts his hand
through the latch of my door
awakening me
once again to long for more
I opened to my Beloved
but He had already turned
My soul failed at His flight
as for Him I yearned
I called out to Him
in seeking I could not find
So I asked the watchman
and was wounded this time

I charge you daughters
that if my Beloved you find
Would you tell Him
I am so very lovesick inside!

Daughters-
What makes your Beloved
so much better than?

Bride-
My Beloved is pure
He holds my heart in His hand

Bride-
His justice and mercy
none can compare
Compassion that is endless
and qualities so rare
I have never known
one as lovely as He
Once glance from His eye
and I am brought to my knees
glorious and righteous,
strong and bold
The Lion of the Tribe of Judah
yet my heart He gently holds

Daughters-
Where is the one
who is such as this?
We long for something deeper
Could a love be so bliss?

Bride-
My Beloved is available
to all who seek
He went down to care for His flock
and gather lilies

I am my Beloved's
and my Beloved loves me
Of His love daughters,
I can finally see.


POEM FIVE MEDITATION

Narrator-
She now hears the voice
of her Beloved clear -
'You are beautiful as Tirzah
my love, my dear
Unique and perfect,
choice and favored above all
Blessed and praised
as you answer your call
Coming forth
like the arising of the dawn
Fair as the moon,
bright as the sun'

Daughters-
Return O maid
that we can see
For you have been swept away
in His love for thee

Bridegroom-
Why do you gaze
upon my Bride
As she dances with me
preparing to be mine?

Bridegroom-
How beautiful are your feet
as you dance with me
Coming alive and
being set free
You hold me captive
by your charm
As I surround you
protecting you from harm
In you, my bride,
is my delight
As I dance with you
through this night

Bride -
Let the prayers
that my heart keeps
flow freely as wine
off the lips of those who sleep
Let my prayers
be offered straight to you
In all that I say
and in all that I do

I am my Beloved's
and me He desires
As He calls me into His purposes
and sets my heart on fire


Venturing out
into the fields He invites
me to share in His works
over this long dark night
As the morning appears
out to the vineyards He leads
To see the vines budding
and taste of the pomegranate trees

I long to offer You
all that I am in my love
as the fragrance of You
wafts from above
I would take you
into the darkest places of my soul
Where You would teach me
as Your face I behold

I wish I no longer worried
about what others think
but only pleasing You,
(let it be as) serving You love-spiced wine to drink

Your left arm supports me
as You embrace and hold
my eyes are on You
and my heart unfolds

Daughters of Jerusalem,
I charge you to this -
Do not awaken me out of
this love-spell until it wish

Leaning on my Beloved
on Him I have learned to depend
Whether in the desert
or in the garden bend

A love that is
stronger than death
Jealousy burning
in unrelentlessness
He is a flash of fire
upon my heart
Like a seal of love
set upon my arm
No flood can quench
or torrents drown
The flame of Yahweh
in this love I have found

In Your return
my Beloved make haste
Come leaping over the mountains
for You our hearts wait!

Comments

Popular Posts