“'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'



Paul spoke to all the people that God had said to him, “'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'

When the Gentiles heard this [that salvation was being brought to them by God], they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.”

Paul was bold and fearless in bringing the gospel. He would come into some of the most darkest places and proclaim Jesus as Lord. Because of his courage, many people believed.

The Story notes about Paul in Corinth, “If ever a place was hostile to Jesus' way of holiness, faith and joy, it was the city of Corinth. Paganism owned this cosmopolitan city with its wild night-life and upscale markets. Ye Paul's message was stead and sure: once you've explored all the human wisdom collected by the best minds in Greece, there still remain problems only Jesus can answer.”

Paul, following his calling in life, converted those who were standing in darkness to a place of light. They became the church that spread throughout the region.

Peter proclaims in Acts about these times that, “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

I had a dream last night that I stopped at the University for a meeting. This well known researcher came into the room and began speaking to us. He was talking about his research and how he was bringing it up to this highest level of excellence he could reach in worship of God. In this, his research was making an incredible difference.

You could clearly see that it was God behind him that was prospering his work and bringing what was needed. As we saw this, we all began to worship God together. The whole room was filled with God and everyone believed. This man was full of courage to give God the glory for all the work being done and God was on display.

Walking away after the meeting, I realized how little I demonstrate this courage to worship God like this in my own work and deeply desired to do this more. I realized that all my fears about people judging me had held me back from bringing glory to God the way I could. I longed for more courage and faith to display God.

I felt God was speaking in all of this that if we push past our fears to glorify God, He will be put on display and glorified. We are called and designed to worship God in all God has placed before us to do.

Psalm 145:1-3 says, " I will proclaim your greatness, my God and king; I will thank you forever and ever.  Every day I will thank you; I will praise you forever and ever.  The Lord is great and is to be highly praised; his greatness is beyond understanding."

Lord, we long to see your glory on display in our everyday lives. Give us hearts to worship you and courage and faith to put you on display wherever we go and in all we do.

Comments

Popular Posts