You are the giver of Life



The earth was in darkness, desolate and waste
As the Spirit of Life brooded over it's fate.
God spoke forth a word and it was light
The light was called day and the darkness night
God saw all He had done, that it was good
With the setting and dawning, things were as they should

Waters covered the surface of the earth
Encircled in love, the world was being birthed
With a gleam in His eye, creation began to form
Day after day, more life came bursting forth.

Out of the dust, creation He did call
He had a plan and purpose for it all

God is continually bringing forth life and goodness.  
Do you believe He brings beauty for ashes?

Sometimes He does this in a suddenly moment of bursting forth
Other times, the seeds grow over time and begin to bear fruit

God has done both of these in my life at different times. There have been times He has broken through powerfully and brought change in my life.  He healed me of significant depression this way.   Other times, it has came gradually over time and in the wrestling processes.  Some of my issues with and bent towards anxiety has been worked out and healed over time.

When I was a fairly new Christian, I felt God speak to me, "You do not know how destitute you are."   Then He seemed to clearly speak to me out of Isaiah 51:

"For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody."  (verse 3)

Do you believe God is turning your waste places into a beautiful garden?  Can you see where He has and is doing this work in your life?

I am the bringer of Life to your ruins
I have a purpose and plan for you
I formed you with such thought in your mother's womb
And all of your days, I have ordained for you.
They are intently written, each one in my care
With joy and My love, I meet you there
I make your deserts and wastelands, like a garden bearing fruit
Know in your struggles, with my love I comfort you.


Comments

Popular Posts