Cultivate Intimate Moments With The Lord

One year at the beginning of the year, I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit if He would give me something special to bless Jesus with His birthday for the following Christmas. The Holy Spirit prompted me to create a remembrance album.

During the year, when my heart was prompted, I would sit down and fill a page in the album with writing, descriptions and other memorabilia on what I loved most about Him. Slowly as the year went by, I filled more and more pages with my love for Him. By Christmas I had a remembrance book full of my love.

I wrapped the album and took it with me to a hermitage retreat I had scheduled to spend time alone with the Lord the night after Christmas. That night at the hermitage, I unwrapped the book and opened it. As I opened it up, I felt the Lord come behind me and wrap his arms around me and look over my shoulder. I felt His presence there with me so strong; He was very much present and real.

I began to read the book to Him, page by page, with tears streaming down my eyes as He held me in His arms. He was there present with me, and I was able to tell Him page by page how much I loved Him. I never felt the Lord so real and present as that night alone with Him. It was a memory I will cherish all my life.

Comments

Popular Posts