Establish Stones of Remembrance

Just as Joshua established twelve stones of remembrance after crossing the Jordan River, establish memory markers in your own walk with the Lord. Keep a record of journal writings, scripture promises, and prophecies spoken over you. Hold on to the things that He gives and speaks to you. Write down the cherished moments and memories that touch your heart and then pull them back out when you are going through a dry time or a difficult trial.

Psalm 77:12-13
“So I will remind myself of the Lord’s doings; Yes, I will remember your wonders of old. I will meditate on your work; And think about what you have done.”

I keep index cards that list on them the things the Lord has spoken or done for me that really touched my heart. Anytime I am feeling down or unloved, I pull them out and start reading over them. As I read one by one the events in my life that God has been there for me, I start to feel His overwhelming love and presence. I know that I am His beloved and my heart changes.

Comments

Popular Posts