"I snatched you...carried you... and brought you to Myself."






"This is what I want you to say to the house of Jacob- to all the people of Israel: 
'You are eyewitnesses of all that I did to the Egyptians.  You saw how I snatched you from the bonds of slavery and carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself.  Now if you will hear My voice, obey what I say, and keep My covenant, then you - out of all the nations of the world- will be My treasured people.  After all, the earth belongs to Me.  You will be My kingdom of priests, a nation holy and set apart.'
Tell the Israelites exactly what I have told you."  (Exodus 19:3b-6)


Listen to My words
and take heed in your heart
Do what I command
for I am setting you apart
to be a people for me
my own special treasure
that I may guide you
into life beyond measure.

I've taken you out from
your bondage and oppression
I care for you deeply
so learn this lesson -
I am your God
who has set you free
I have snatched you out
and carried you on eagles' wings
to bring you to myself
to be my own special treasure
to show you my love
and pour it out beyond measure.

I have been with you
by day and by night
Protecting and guiding you
as you are always in my sight.
I care for you deeply
and guide you in my ways
as a blazing fire at night
and a cloud of glory in your days

I am your God
and desire to dwell among you
so I made with you a covenant
promising to be faithful and true
Put yourself in my care
and do what is right in my eyes
I am the God who heals you
and frees you from the lies.
I will bless you for
a thousand generations down
My goodness and mercy
will always surround.

I love you my people
and call you my own
So naturally I wish to give
my laws for you to know
Hide them and keep them
make them your fare
and you'll have peace and joy abounding
as you trust in my care.

I have set you apart
to serve me as priests
in my kingdom
and eat from my feast
I won't lay a heavy burden
Or count any of your sinning
I will fill you with love
until you are brimming.
Teeming with life
I send you out upon the earth
to be my hands and feet
letting others know their worth





Comments

Popular Posts