How to Make Jesus Your Lord and Savior







I love the cross because it reminds me that Jesus saved us all and He loves us very much.

The first time I really believed in Jesus was when I was five years old.   I still remember letting him into my heart.  It was a sunny day and I got up and went to church with my grandma.  My mom, brothers and me were all living with her and my grandma’s boyfriend.   She took me to church that morning and we talked about Jesus in Sunday school.   I also went to kids worship and they read  some of the Bible to us.  I said a prayer that I wanted to receive Him into my heart with one of the leaders.   Afterwards, I just felt more confident.   This made me want to go to church again.   So, I went a few more times with my grandma.  

After this, life became a little more confusing.   My mom, brothers and I had to move out from my grandmas because it wasn’t working out any more.  We moved into a few hotels for awhile.   After this, my mom put me in an ambulance and sent me to the hospital.   My older brother went off to stay with some friends.  My younger brother went somewhere else. I don’t have much memories of this time really so it is a little scattered.   After spending a week in the hospital, my new mom who was my foster mom at the time, came to talk to me there.  After she left, I prayed that I wouldn’t be alone anymore.  I was feeling pretty scared.   The next day when she came back, the nurse said that I would be going to stay with her for a little while.    I felt like I probably would not go to church again but then I found out she believed in Jesus too.    What was great was that she went to the same church that I use to go to.   It started getting more fun to live with my foster mom and dad because my foster mom took me to church every week.   I started to feel more and more at home.   I would read my Bible every night because I wanted to know more about Jesus.  Reading my Bible helped me not to feel scared at night or have bad dreams.

At some point, my biological dad stopped visiting.  He had came to the visitation place twice to see me and my little brother.  After that, my biological mom didn’t come anymore either.   That is when I found out she was not coming back.   My foster mom and dad said I could stay forever with them and be their kid.  I was very happy about staying with them and being adopted.   During this time, I learned that Jesus takes care of me.   The song that really spoke to me was “Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me.”   I was surprised and glad.   I also felt alone without my brother.   Not too long after, my little brother came to live with us too.   I told my little brother all about Jesus and how He loves us so much.   He started going to church with us too.   We didn’t like being separated into different classes in kids church but we tried it a few times.   We decided to go to regular church instead so we could all stay together.  I loved singing songs to God and worshipping.    I wanted to be baptized because I decided I wanted to follow Jesus. 

Now when I am eleven, I go to a different church but I am learning a lot about Jesus.   I really like this new church better than any other church I have been to.   I started learning  more about how Jesus loves me.   I learned that He died for our sins and that I will go to heaven after I die.   But that will not be for a really long time.  Sometimes I have dreams of being in heaven and other peaceful places.   I saw Jesus once in my dreams while I was in heaven and it was really bright.  

Why you want Jesus as your Savior is because you can ask Him to forgive you of all your sins.   He can make things better for you when you are going through problems.   You are never alone when you have Him in Your life.   He is like your best friend.  

This is how you become to believe in Jesus:   You let Him in Your heart by saying a prayer.  You will never be sorry about doing this.   It is the best decision you could ever make.


If you are wanting to know how to make Jesus your Lord and Savior in to your heart, say this prayer: ‘’Lord, I want you to come into my heart and I will follow you for the rest of my life.’’   And then you will follow him until you go to heaven. 


Once you have Him in your life, there are so many ways to talk to God such as singing and praying.  There are also many other things you could do to connect with God.   Praying, singing and talking to God you can do at home, church, and other places.  


My deepest desire is that everyone would know Jesus.  That became possible when Jesus died on the cross for our sins.   It is his sacrifice for us and love that makes you want to follow Jesus as your Savior.

One of my friends just came to believe in Jesus at my church program this last Wednesday.   I was very excited for him because he will be able to know more about Jesus.   It will mean that he has a better life and always has some there for him that will stick around through all his problems.

Another friend of mine, Brendon, came to know Jesus at church in the kid's program called Elevate.   He was in elementary school when he came to know Jesus.   He would hear about the Bible and listen to a program.   Through the message, he came to know Jesus.  He is now in middle school and goes to their middle school program every week.   We both go and really enjoy it. 

I’ll continue to tell you stories about different people and how they came to know Jesus and let Him in their hearts.
Thomas


Comments

Popular Posts