POETRY FOR REFLECTION

 



What is Limiting You?

We all have one thing in common and it is called the flesh, it limits us and causes us to fall short of God’s best.  The church of Corinth was full of this carnality, following the ways of the world with sexual immorality. Divisions and comparisons abounded to no end, keeping them from loving each other as genuine friends.  James asks us what causes divisions among God’s clan, and notes that jealousy and selfish ambition must be at hand.

 By your own affections you are restricted, what are those that are keeping you limited?  What is keeping you from giving your best? Why is your faith not exploding with zest?  Perhaps you have been wounded and you are limping along, you can stop singing that old pain filled song.  He will be a Father to you and bind up your wounds, all while giving you direction while seeing you through.  He is your inheritance, a treasure at least, giving you power to live life as a rich feast.  

Paul longed for the church to grow in maturity and grace, together looking to God and seeking His face.   We are not to be people of small faith, holding back the Kingdom at a wavering pace.  With a boldness that trusts He will meet us in all, we are to step forth, answering yes to His call.  Since we have these precious promises to take hold, lets cleanse ourselves from defilement as His face we behold.  Bringing holiness to completion in the fear of His love, we have renewed fellowship with Christ when we receive His promises from above.

“He calls forth great things in you and gives you an inheritance.”   Gary Wilkerson, When God Strikes a Match.

By His Glorious Might

Be strengthened with all power according to His glorious might, so that you may have full endurance, patience and light.  You do not have to do it on your own, lean into His goodness and His fullness you will own.  Remember God is in you as you are in Him so let Him help you to do away with all sin.  Then you can joyfully do all with praise, living out fully His will all your days.   Giving thanks to the Father who qualified you to share, in all the inheritance He has for you to there.  As a light in the world shining bright in the dark, calling others into this journey to embark, walking in His goodness and His power, you were made for this hour.  A new Kingdom do we belong, brought out of the darkness by His beloved Son. 

Lazarus Come Out!

So I went and washed and then I could see, the One who has infinite mercy looking at me.  I was blind but now I see, His love is here sustaining me.   I am not in lack, nor am I lost, He already paid the price at a high cost.  He called me out from the grave, so that with my life I could make some waves.  He says “come out” as He calls me by name, to walk in His power and infinite fame.

I placed my glory upon you, to demonstrate my goodness shining thru.  As I AM so are you are the earth, a light on a hill, life giving birth.

Free From Anxiety

They will pass safely through the sea of lack, for the waves of the sea will be held back.  The waters of the Nile will dry up. For my people, I AM more than enough.   I will make my people strong by the might of my arm; and by my authority, I will keep them from harm.  (Zechariah 10:11-12)

 

Undeserved Grace (Psalm 130:2-7)

Hear my cry, O Lord, pay attention to my prayer.  I am needing you to be there.  Lord, if you kept a record of our sins who could ever survive?  But You offer forgiveness, that we might learn and come alive.  I am counting on the Lord; Yes, I am counting on Him. He is much bigger than all my sin.   I have put my hope into His Word, because of His promises I have heard.  More than the night guards long for the dawn, yes, more than this, for your help do I long.  O Israel, hope in the Lord to defeat all your foes; For with the Lord, unfailing love and redemption overflows.

A Prayer of David in a Cave (Psalm 142)

To the Lord I pour out my complaint.  Telling Him my troubles when my spirit grows faint.  In His love, He watches over my way; walking with me every day.   Where people have hidden a snare for me, my Lord, my Savior, sets me free.  Free from constraint and what holds me back; with Him by my side, I never lack.    While they might not care for my life or my needs, He is my portion, refuge, and peace.   Lord, listen to my cry, for I am desperate, rescue me from the degenerate.   They who pursue me are too strong for me, so rescue me from prison and set me free.   Then the righteous around me will gather about, because of your goodness there is no doubt. (Psalm 142)

 

Some Trust in Princes (Psalm 146)

Don’t put all your faith in your leaders or pastors, who are human and may have a change of heart after.  They will ultimately die, their lives to end, leaving you on your own to fend.   But blessed are those whose help is in the Lord, whose hope is in Him and live in accord.  He is the master of heaven and earth.  The sea He established, great are His works!!

He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry; He sets prisoners free and meets those who are longing.  He gives sight to the blind, opens the ears of those who can’t hear, as the broken and lost, He loves to draw near.  He heals our bodies and takes our pain, miracles showing His death on the cross was not in vain.   He lifts up those who are depressed and bowed down, giving them joy instead of a frown.   When we make Him center, we find we are no longer lost, He gave us everything when he died on that cross.    The Lord watches over the forsaken and left out, as they receive His love, they have new clout.  The fatherless and widows are close to His heart, He cares for them deeply, and from them His eyes never part. 

The Lord reigns forever, His praises acclaim, when he walks with His people, they are never the same.  Every generation He sees to their care, teaching them His ways, as He watches over their fare.

 

His Faithful Prayer Warriors (Psalm 149)

Let His faithful people rejoice in His great honor, let them sing for joy as they wonder no longer.  He crowns the humble with victory, as they press into the mystery.  With His favor, He gives them the win, no longer stuck or held back by sin. May the praise of God be upon their lips, and the belt of truth worn on their hips.  With a double-edged sword held in their hands, they inflect vengeance upon evil in the land. They stand and bring the sentence against the dark, His faithful people in prayer embark.

My Servant (Is.44:1-5)

But now listen my child, you are my servant, the one who I have chosen to live life fervent.   I am the One who formed you in the womb, I do not have for you to live life in a tomb.  I made you, you are mine, and I will help you through, so don’t be afraid, as your love I pursue.  You are my servant and I have much for you to see, as I pour out my Spirit on the hungry and thirsty.   Water will flow on thirsty land, while you look to me and hold my hand.   Dry grounds will swell with streams that flow through, behold my goodness, I am making things new.  And there will be blessing on descendants for generations down, as many will see new life abound.  Some will say, I belong to the Lord Most High, others will say, In His name I can soar high.  Still others will write my name on their hand, as they learn to possess the land. 

Sing for Joy (Is. 44:22-23)

Sing for joy, you heavens, for the Lord has done this, swept away your offenses like the morning midst.   Shout aloud from the heavens and the earth beneath. Burst in to song you mountains, forests and trees.   For the Lord, His people He has redeemed, displaying His glory by setting them free.

The Bride (Is. 45:4-8)

I summon you by name and bestow on you a title of honor; though you do not acknowledge me, I am the Lord and there is no other.  Apart from me there is no other God; any other you look to is an idol, and is a fraud. I will strengthen you and draw you near, so that in me, you learn to fear.  From the rising of the sun to the place that it sets, my desire is for my people know, I am their God yet.   I form the light and create the dark, I bring prosperity when faith in me you embark. I the Lord do all these things, as for you my heart sings.  You heavens above rain down my righteousness, as my people flourish in their pricelessness.   Let the clouds above shower it down as the earth opens wide, that salvations spring up with every tide.   

Not in Vain (Is. 45:17,19)

You will never be put to shame or disgraced, I have not said to you, seek me in vain.  I, the Lord speak the truth and declare what is right and I always keep you in sight.

 

A Door is Open, Another Closed, Walk Closely with Me and You Will Know

Yet there are some in the church in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with unbelief. They will walk with me in white for they gain the victory. All who are victorious will be clothed in white; I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, But I will announce before My Father and His angels that they are mine, and at my table they will dine.

To the Church in Philadelphia, this message from the One who is holy and true;, I hold the Key of David to open the door for you. What I open, no man can close, for you are my treasured possession that I chose. My precious Bride, I have made the way, closing every door that would obstruct your way. I know all the things you do, even weak and in pain, yet obedient to my Word, you show your love does not wain.

Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the testing that would cause others to fear. The whole world will be tested to show where they belong, while you will be singing a freedom song. Behold, I am soon coming to you in not long, hold to what you have as to me you belong. You will sit with me on my glorious throne, as I wipe away every tear from when you felt alone. Just as I have sat on the throne of my Father, authority for reigning, I will not give to another.

 

The Gift (Isaiah 9:6-7)

For onto us a child is born, bringing the news of a Kingdom being formed. To us, this son was given, bringing forth what was then once hidden. The government on His shoulders to rest, a banner of victory upon His chest.  Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, this is the one holding the golden rod.  Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace, declaring the Father’s mercies never cease.   To the greatness of His government there is no end, bringing peace as every knee bends.   Establishing and upholding it with His justice endeavors, righteousness from that time on and forever.

 

Living From The Last Days

In those days upon us now, you will live as I show you how.  People will live in the houses they build; eat from the fruit of the vineyards they till.   Unlike the past, their houses will not be invaded; unlike the past, their vineyards will not be traded.  For my people will live as long as trees, with ample time upon their knees.  My chosen ones will have time to enjoy their hard won gains.  They will not labor in vain.  Their children will not be doomed by chance; but blessed by the Lord, their lives enhanced.  They too will be blessed, given the opportunity to be at rest.

Carried You on My Hip

Listen you people who I have upheld since your birth, I have carried and kept you from the very first.  Even to your old age with your gray hair, I have been with you, sustaining you there.   I have made you and will carry you through, I will sustain you and rescue you. I say, ‘My purpose will stand and I will do all that I please.’ So don’t stand back being at ease.   Having your fill, in luxury and ease, will hinder you and become a disease.  You will miss out as I have much for you to do, abiding in my love, my purpose lived through you.

 

Inheritance

Give praise to the Lord and proclaim His name, among the nations, proclaim His fame.    Sing to Him  and tell of all his wonderful acts, all the ways he never held back. Let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice, let them praise His name as they find their voice.   Look to the Lord and to His ways, giving your all to seek His face.  Remember the wonders that He has performed, His miracles and rulings, all that He formed.  Look to your lineage from Abraham came, and know your heritage is to be the same.  A covenant He made to give you the land, promising the strength of His hand.  (Psalm 105)

 

In Resistance

Pain has come to the people like the pain of scorn, as they are like a child who resists being born. The moment of birth has arrived but they stay in the womb!  Should I now ransom them from the grave and redeem them from their tomb?  O Death, bring on your terrors, O grave bring on your plagues! Maybe they will finally realize that behind their life lags.   (Hosea 13:13-14)

Stay Away from Idols!

Stay away from idols who steal your heart, making you think there is another way to start.   They draw you away, and lure you with false pretense, believing their promises gives you no defense.   They cannot care for you my child, they cannot come to you meek and mild.  I am the One who answers your prayers; I listen to you closely and always care, I am like a tree that is always green; All your fruit comes from me.   Let those who are wise understand this, those with discernment, it is not to miss.  The paths of the Lord are true and right, And righteous people live by walking in my sight.  But those paths self-strivers will stumble and fall.  They will not have the fullness of my call.   (Hosea 14:8-9)

Not by Might but by My Spirit

This is the message from the One who has the Sevenfold Spirit and holds the seven stars, My love for you Beloved, never parts: “I know all the things you do and that it seems like your alive—but you are leaning into your own strength as you strive.  Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for your works have been in vain.  What ‘spirit’ you have is waning and weak;  your actions are striving and My requirements you do not meet. Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly as you repent and turn.  If you don’t wake up, I will come to you soon, shaking you up as you are almost in ruin.

All who are victorious will be clothed in white.  I will never erase their names from the book of life.  But I will announce before my Father and His angels that they are mine.  Filled with the Spirit to overflowing, they will walk in the divine. (Revelation 3:1-5)

The Day of the Lord

Thousands upon Thousands in the valley of decision.  There the day of the Lord will soon have arisen.   The sun and the moon will grow dark, and stars no longer shine, in hoping to leave none of them behind.   The Lord’s voice will roar and thunder will be heard, shaking the heavens and all the earth.  But the Lord will be a refuge for His people to hide; a strong fortress for His people to abide. (Joel 3:14-16)

Seated in Heavenly Places

With Jesus I have been seated in heavenly places and given so many unexpected graces.   Angels with wings, powerful and bright, singing of Your glory just out of our sight.  The eyes of my imagination are enlightened to see, the glorious inheritance that is given freely.  

With an eye unto heaven, I call unto deep, when I enter that realm, my heart quickly leaps.  Hoping to see the One my heart loves, being guided by closest friend, the Holy Dove.  Feeling a weight of your presence as your glory passes by, I am wrapped in Your love, overwhelmed my heart cries.

 Incomparably great power this access you give, so that all around us can more fully live. To bring into this world the goodness you have stored, with gifts and treasures we could never afford.  Deliverance, healing, miracles and power, you have stored them up for this very hour.   The sacred manna that has been hidden away, you have saved for this victorious day.   

Called into your purpose and plan for me, living from this realm I long more fully to be my destiny.  (Ephesians 1:18-19, 2:6) 

Comments

Popular Posts