All the days of the oppressed are bad, but a cheerful heart is always glad. (Proverbs 15:15)


 

How we spend every day and invest our time matters, each day builds or it scatters.  We were given the gift of time, so many years on the earth, as a sign.  The day will come that they will end, so have you thought about eternity, friend?   The clock is ticking and it never stops, until the day that your time is up.  All time points continually to the coming King, who will rule the world and His righteousness bring. We are always to keep His coming in mind, but these later days, many reminders you will find.  The shofar is blowing in every direction, telling His coming is not an election. He already has been voted in, when He died and paid for all our sin.  So get ready, be prepared for Him to come, to see the Holy, Risen One.   As these last days go by, many things have changed, we excuse them and distract and blame; but a time is coming on the earth, where no one can deny His coming and infinite worth.  He is coming to a bride made ready, so let’s shine His light while we gaze steady.   The time is not as far away as it seems, in His mercy, His long suffering can be seen.

Maranatha, we say come Lord Jesus.

God spoke to me last year that we would see lots of snow and it was a record year for us of snow.  This year He spoke of ice and rain so I was surprised after to see this period of brown.  I felt Him speak that next year would be brown like now without much snow, then people would be more aware to know.   It makes me wonder of our time on earth and how quickly the Kingdom is giving birth.  I want to be ready, I want to draw near, into His purposes and see them manifest here.

 He is expanding His Kingdom and preparing His bride, making her ready as through fire she is tried.  She will come out is pure shining gold, she will be mature and beautiful to behold.  

 These days things are hard for people all over the planet.   In many countries there is war and famine.  In others there is severe oppression, and still in others, there is total chaos and rioting.   We are fortunate to live in a country that our forefathers worked hard to build on faith in the Lord.  Yet we see this foundation crumbling now to an extent as well.  And COVID has touched everyone.  We all know someone who knows someone who died from it. More and more, we find that the world is not a safe place. 

 But in the midst of it, there is a safe place to stand.  There is open room in the side of a Rock to safely stand in Jesus.  As we see with even the Israelites as they were being attacked by Babylon, there was a place of safety and goodness available to them and it was right in the middle of the will of God.  If they gave up their precious idol of holding to the land and took the hand of Jesus, there was a safe place for them to land.  

 In Ezekiel 20:13, the prophet says, “Yet the people of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness.  They did not follow my decrees but rejected my laws—by which the person who obeys them will live—and they utterly desecrated my Sabbaths.” 

 There is a place for us in which we live in Him and are blessed.  Even in the midst of the difficulty, heartache and anguish, we can have joy in His presence as we trust in Him.  Every day is an opportunity to trust Him and find this joy. 

 But it also can be a day that we don’t.  We can look around at our circumstances and what is going on in the world and there may be no end to our worry, anxiety and stress.  I had a dream recently where I was living in this executive apartment on the second floor and watching outside as the swirls of flooding had completely immersed those living on the first floor.  But the waters were still moving up.  They came part way up the 2nd floor but were staying on the outside of where I was living.   My heart was broken for those totally overwhelmed and immersed in the flooding.

 Everywhere I go these days and talk with people, I hear people share about struggles with mental health issues.  They have depression, anxiety and I have even heard of psychosis where someone loses touch with reality for a time. 

 But there is a place of joy available to us all. It is not joy that is dependent upon our circumstances or having our way but one of resting in trust as we feast on His goodness.   Jeremiah says in Lamentations 3:21-26,

            “Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:   Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore, I will wait for Him.’  The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”

 Some years ago now, we found out that my husband had a rare eye disease and we were told he would be totally blind in less than five years.  We did not have long term disability insurance at the time.  Knowing my husband soon could no longer work and I didn’t make enough to support us, there was a temptation to check the box to get him this insurance by a little white lie that said we didn’t know about any condition. The doctor even recommended this.  I didn’t feel right about it and instead we refused and trusted the Lord. 

 How I got through this time was to focus on all the Lord has done in the past.  To His Words and His promises fulfilled, I held fast.  I didn’t let the lies come into my head, that said it would be a disaster and I would wish I was dead.  Instead, I believed I would see His goodness in my land, I looked for it as I held out my hand.  He has never failed me and let me down, so why would I not remember His goodness that abounds. 

 Ironically, within a year, our income increased substantially at right around the exact time he lost his job.  By refusing any other way but His way, He was faithful to meet us in it.   Not only this but my husband has never lost all his sight after fifteen years.  He still has kept his direct vision and gets around fine at home. 

 God’s ways are so much better than our ways.   While living comfortably, we often do not need to trust and depend upon the Lord. But as we are pressed and crushed, if we stick to and hold fast to the Lord, we will come out the other side joyfully and blessed.  The key is to keep our eyes on Him and keep reveling in His goodness and care. 

 Lord, thank You for meeting us at every turn with Your goodness.

 I Will Come Through Victorious (Job 23:10-12)

But the Lord knows where He is taking me.  I don’t need to doubt and worry but follow Him closely.  And when He tests me, I will come out as pure gold; for I will look like the One I behold.  I have stayed on God’s paths and have followed His ways; not turning aside and His commandments betrayed.  But I have treasured His words more than my daily bread, so I will come out victorious and in good stead.

 

Comments

Popular Posts