Poetry for a few friends

Your road has been hard and your path has been tough,
You have never held back or said it’s enough.
You have held onto me and stayed in the race,
Seeking my wisdom, seeking my face.
You wonder what’s next, how you will get through it all;
You have no need to worry, you will not fall.
I’ve seen your pain and your commitment too,
You have been faithful to me and I will be faithful to you.
Keep running the race, keep giving it all,
Keep holding on and answer your call .


Tried and true, you’ve run the race
Seeking my all, finding my grace
Sharing my gospel with all who will come
Pouring out your life for my only Son
A long life and lasting heritage I have for you
To watch your children grow and eventually succeed you.


Equally yoked, you are with your spouse
Of this fact, have no doubt
You do have much in your heart to give
As you step forward and teach other women to live
Trust me to go ahead and make the way
Trust me that I will give you something to say
Lean into me and step out in faith.
I will uphold you as you run the race.

Comments

Popular Posts