Some Poetry

Father,
What a treasure I have in you.
Thank you for all that you do.
Thank you for being there when I have a need.
Thank you for your correction, so your word I take heed.
Thank you most of all for your love,
Being my father – not ruling from above.
You are with me in every day.
You listen to my heart and never turn me away.
Gentle, loving, generous and kind;
You are a protective father when I am in a bind
You give me grace when I stumble and fall.
God, I love you, you are my all.
I want to be just like you.
I want to learn to walk in the truth.
I love to be close, held in your arms,
Where I feel so loved and protected from harm.
You make room for me in every day;
A space to serve you or chose my own way.
If I get too lost, you bring me back.
You care for my needs and never leave me in lack.
You do much more than I can count.
Of your love I have no doubt.



Daughter,
Don’t trouble yourself about what will come
Know that I love you and the victory is won
You need not fear shame or harm
You are wrapped in my love, held in my arms
I will teach you to overcome all
As you look to my face and answer my call.

Comments

Popular Posts