Do I Notice?

I had a dream that there was a man who was working, lifting boxes into or out of his truck and on his shirt was written “Loaded Down With Burdens.” I think this has to do with the ordinary people I run into in a day when I am out and about who are weighed down with burdens. Am I noticing them?

I then had a dream that I needed a ride to somewhere (work related). The two people who were assigned to drive me and able did not really want to take me because they wanted to be paid something extra for it. The woman sitting next to me offered to take me and seemed hungry to hear what I had to say along the way. Any of them could have driven me. Do I notice those at work who are hungry to be developed and given opportunity versus those who think I am obligated to give them the opportunity and owe them for it?

I had a third dream right after that which I looked and saw a person (woman I think) huddled under a directional sign. She was curled up under the sign and looked helpless, afraid, confused and sad, much like a homeless person. She was looking to me for help. Do I notice those who need to be encouraged and empowered to look up (to God) to obtain their direction rather than looking to me for direction? Or am I too quick to step in and give others direction when they feel helpless?

Lord, give me ears to hear, eyes to see, and a heart to follow You.

Comments

Popular Posts