"But if you're content to simply be yourself, your life will count for plenty." (Matthew 23:12)



So often we are searching to "be" someone. We are searching for significance. What if it is just enough to love God with all my heart? In all my imperfections and weaknesses, what if they are okay? What if I don't have to work so hard at getting it right and doing it right?

What does it really look like to live for Him? Not to seek out getting our own needs met, looking good in a meeting or shining around others... What does it look like, as Fenelon notes, to listen with such love, such faith, such adoration to the words of Jesus because I deeply love Him? What does it look like to be what He calls me to be without working so hard at getting it right?

"Worthy is the Lamb, You are Holy!" sings in the background. What if it is all about Him anyways, not me? What about if I drop all the "Christianity" stuff that is designed to make my life comfortable and convenient and attract praise to myself. What about if I stop seeking attracting praise to myself all together?

My BEST virtues are not worthy of him. I have nothing to offer Him anyways but my fumbling love. What about if I just give Him this the best I can today. What about if I am just me, loving Him... Does how the rest of the stuff really matter?

Comments

Popular Posts