You Are The Equipment

"You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength and all your mind. And, love your neighbor as yourself." Luke 10:27

God asks me to care about His purposes coming forth on the earth, including the transformation of His people into greater Christ likeness -even to the extent of being willing to suffer personal loss, pain, and/or discomfort to see His purposes come forth.

Rather than choosing to live for my own wealth, comfort, success, or honor, God asks me to live for something much deeper -to live for Him. Ultimately God is calling me, out of love for Him, to willingly lay down my life, bearing any circumstances.

My circumstances do not really matter if I love Him with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength, and all my mind. He asks me to love Him with all my time all my resources, not just when it is convenient, pleasant, affordable and/or easy.

He asks me to be committed in my love, not contending or complaining, willingly sacrificing anything that stands in the way - including my pride, reputation and fears.

He asks me to identify with His purposes in other people rather than my own purposes (what I can benefit from them), looking rather to what I can contribute to them. God is worthy of my all! I was nothing when He found me and He gave my life meaning, significance and purpose.

"Here I am, ready to give up my life for you..." sings in the background.


"Go out to the lost, confused people right here in the neighborhood. Tell them that the kingdom is here. Bring health to the sick. Raise the dead. Touch the untouchables. Kick out the demons. You have been treated genoursly, so live generously... You are the equipment." - Jesus (Matthew 10:6-8)


Lord, that my heart may be given over completely to You and Your purposes.

Comments

Popular Posts