"I Need You To Bring Me To Life"

Fenelon writes, when in my pride and my slackness I give a bad example of Christ, is a sin against God. Every moment I play counts as Pastor Dave noted in his message yesterday.

I went to a prayer meeting in a tent the night before the "Rock The River" event. The sound people could not get the sound to work on the worship leader's guitar. However, it did not stop this man from playing his guitar and worshiping God. He still played with all the passion and strength he had in him. We could barely hear, but we could see his heart and passion to worship God. His circumstances of not having a sound system didn't detour him or discourage him. I heard God speak to me at this moment, “I want you to live life this way... give it everything no matter how it looks around you.”

God would have us live every moment of life fully -no matter what our circumstances look like. He would have us live like the moment really matters. When we are slack, halfhearted or go through the motions complacently, we are sinning.

So many times I have complacently wasted the moments living halfheartedly and I need to repent. “You are worthy of all my praise” sings in the background. Sometimes I think that only certain things I do matter and others do not. When I pray and I feel like my heart is connecting to God's heart, I feel like I am doing something that matters. When I am investing in people around me and when I seem them experience growth, I feel like I am doing something that matters. When I love, encourage and/or pray for someone who needs it and it makes a difference to them, I feel like it matters.

However, so many moments are just doing daily “stuff.” I sit in another meeting only half paying attention. I listen to small talk. I get another project done. In these moments, I half check out. I nod my head but I am not really paying attention. Sometimes in these times, I am meditating on scripture or praying. Other times, I am dwelling over something in the past or future.

Other times, when circumstances are negative, I become discouraged. In these times, I become aloof and contemplate the best route of escape. Another way I sometimes deal with discouragement is to bury it and become negative about it.

What does it really look like to live in the present moment with God and live like it matters? “May You be honored and glorified, exalted and lifted high” sings in the background.

“Here I am at Your feet, in my brokenness complete.” Lord, forgive me where I have failed to live life for you. Forgive me where I have sinned against you in pride or slackness. I long to live more fully for you. I long to glorify You in all I do. Please give me the strength to live more fully for You.

Comments

Popular Posts